The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

TV Meme Day 5: A Show I Hate

To be honest you guys, I'm really at a loss with this one. I don't watch enough TV for there to be a definitive show that I absolutely despise.

Now, I know what you're going to say... "But Robert! I thought you hated Glee! You complain about it all the time!" And while it is true that I rant about all the probs I have with Glee, you guys also probably realize that I do enjoy the show, quite a bit, and I watch it every week despite my cantankerousness about it.

Sure, there are shows that I can't stand to watch, but they're mainly Disney Channel Originals, like..."Wizards of Waverly Place" and "Hannah Montana". And I watched one episode of "J.O.N.A.S." or whatever that show with the Jo-bros was called, and it was absolutely despicable.

I also really cannot stand "Ed, Ed, and Eddy" that was (is?) on Cartoon Network...but there's a lot of horrendous shows up there too. Nickelodeon has gone super downhill in the past few years, the only good show on there these days is "Spongebob" though I also find myself laughing at "iCarly". I don't enjoy it, but I laugh. ;)

But even through all of those shows, there's not one that I want to single out and crush (which I could do for any of them, believe me) because...they didn't do anything wrong except be what they are for their target audience. That sounds hypocritically moral but what can I say? Sure, there's shows I dislike, but hate is such a strong word.

Think of me as the kind of person who is able to find enjoyment in even the worst of entertainment...mainly because I laugh at it so hard.

4 comments:

  1. Ed, Edd, and Eddy shaped my childhood, sir. I grew up thinking jawbreakers were the size of exercise balls.

    But I do actively despise all things Disney. So, good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh - I'm so pleased to see Miley Cyrus in this position. The show is an over-the-top horror! And despite the fact that you chose the one I'd planned on writing about, I'm going to just get creative and find something different! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well thanks to you stealing my idea (great minds think alike) for this post, I had to settle for something else. But I am hands down with you on this day of the meme, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Simon! I used to actually like Ed, Edd and Eddy but it's begun to grate on me.

    And Luke, I do apologize for stealing Miley from you. :P But it sure is a disastrous piece of television!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!