The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Monday, June 7, 2010

TV Meme Day 6: My Favorite Episode of My Favorite Show

There are too many amazing episodes of Spongebob to just pick my one definitive favorite without feeling like I left something out. Thus, I present to you, my TOP 5 episodes of Spongebob, of ALL TIME!

5. Whale of a Birthday

In this episode, Spongebob goes on a shopping spree buying everything Pearl wants for her birthday, while Mr. Krabs decorates the Krusty Krab cheaply for her. It's a hilarious episode, with so many laugh-out-loud moments, such as "It's a...girl?" and Squidward singing the Boys Who Cry song. So funny.

4. F.U.N

This is just a classic. Plankton and Spongebob becoming friends and the actual F.U.N song in the show is, for fans of Spongebob, one of the most important topics in the show's history. :P

3. The Camping Episode

Spongebob and Patrick go camping with Squidward in this notable episode. When I first saw it, I fell in love, especially with the "Campfire Song Song" that they sing. Which I would embed a clip of, but it's impossible to find a good one. So...sorry everyone. :)

2. Krusty Krab Training Video

This is a great episode because of how unique it was. Being presented as the actual Krusty Krab training video, it's just amazing. From the "HOOPLAH" guy to "People Order Our Patties" to the fakeout ending, this episode is probably one of the most memorable of them all.

1. Band Geeks

This episode is easily my favorite of all time. When Squidward tries to put together a band to show off to his arch-nemesis, the rather unintelligent citizens of Bikini Bottom attempt to work together to help him. Every moment of this episode is hysterical, and it's structured so well. The end, in which Spongebob and the others play a rock concert, is just classic.



That was really difficult. On some other day, there could be five completely different choices...I can think of five more that I love right now but I shall refrain. I think the strongest season of Spongebob was its Fourth, though only a couple from that season are on this list, I pretty much love every episode from it.

1 comment:

  1. To this day, my proudest accomplishment is singing the 'Campfire Song Song' in it's entirety, without stumbling. Go me.

    And go you, for that clip. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!