The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"Never Let Me Go" Trailer



I'm not quite sure how to interpret this (I've not read the novel or the plot synopsis yet). Is it a creepy tale of a distopian boarding school? An emotionally charged period romance? A quiet character study? I'm definitely not sure what it's about. BUT, what I am sure of, is that I want to see it. Carey Mulligan looks like she's going to be lovely, and Sally Hawkins! Yea Sally Hawkins! Her presence in this trailer alone would make me want to see it. Anyway, I'm quite intrigued. Time to read the book!

What are your thoughts on "Never Let Me Go"? I know a lot of you are anticipating it...did the trailer live up to your hopes? Comment below!

4 comments:

  1. I am in a similar boat to you. Haven't read the book and am not familiar with the story, but with the actors involved, I am certainly interested. I am wondering whether or not to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Thanks for passing this along! I had no idea it was out! (I actually haven't even watched it yet, to be honest. I was too excited to thank you.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dystopian future thing, Children of Men-subtlety about it. It looks Oscar baity, but also awesome. Let's just hope it doesn't end up another The Lovely Bones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You get this:
    http://fourofthem.blogspot.com/2010/06/im-versatile-blogger-bitches.html

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!