The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

10 Movies I'm Anticipating...A Lot

I'm a little behind! Sorrryyy. Anyway, here's ten movies I am highly, highly anticipating this year...


The Kids are All Right
It just looks great. Funny, touching...etc. Plus, Annette and Julianne (<33333).>

Inception
I think everyone's anticipating this. Besides the fact that I can't wait to see what Christopher Nolan does next, the trailer looks amazing and that cast is just to die for. Especially...Marion, Ellen and JGL...yessss.


Tales From Earthsea
While doing research for this post, I discovered that this film, directed by Hayao Miyazaki's son Goro, is being released in the US this year. Um, I will be seeing this movie. I'm actually psyched right now, I had no idea!

Scott Pilgrim VS The World
I think anyone who saw the trailer should be anticipating this. Looks like a lot of fun, I like Michael Cera, and Anna Kendrick is in it!!! :D

You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger
I heard the reception was lukewarm at Cannes, but I still want to see it. Mainly for the cast (Naomi Watts...and um...haha). Plus, I like Woody Allen. His new stuff is hit or miss, but hopefully this will be good. I need one romantic type movie on this list right?

Easy A
I'm anticipating this one again on trailers and cast. But oh, if you have seen the cast or trailers, you know why. Emma Stone is lovely, and she looks like she'll be a lot of fun in this. Plus, Patricia Clarkson and Amanda Bynes will almost always be friends of mine.


Burlesque
It's a MUSICAL people! I love musicals, especially ones made especially for the screen. So, obviously I'm anticipating this. It's probably not going to be very good, I mean, it doesn't scream prestige but still. I'm very excited about it.

The Illusionist
I've sort of been anticipating this for like, two years. Basically ever since I saw Triplets of Belleville! And people in the blogosphere who saw it in Berlin say it's amazing. I cannot wait...if only Benoit Charest was doing the score.


All Good Things
This is really under-wraps, I've heard barely a thing about it. But if it's good, it's going to be really good. I can't wait to see Ryan Gosling and Kirsten Dunst being intense (see also, "I can't wait to see Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams being intense"). And, Kristen Wiig doing drama? Me = intrigued to the utmost.

Black Swan
Natalie Portman intrigues me. To be honest, I've only seen her in Star Wars, Paris Je t'aime, and this, but for some reason...I feel like I want to follow her career. But most of the reason I want to see this is because...um, rival ballet dancers? That just sounds AMAZING. Get me to the theater now, please!


So there you go! I know most of you have already made your lists...but...humor me and tell me what movies you're anticipating and your reactions to my list down below. ;)

5 comments:

  1. I'm sorry. Awesome things on overload make my head explode.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reception surrounding "The Illusionist" has been incredibly strong, and I am really looking forward to that one. The animation looks great, and the storyline really intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice list and you made me aware of a few ones I haven't heard much about such as The Illusionist and All Good Things. That Burlesque picture is going to give me nightmares lol :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh good! Finally someone puts Easy A on their anticipation radar. I think, based on the trailer, this looks awfully good. Think Emma Stone could have a shot at a Globe nod this year??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simon: I'm sorry about your head. Haha

    Danny: I am very, very excited about it. I don't think it has a release date quite yet but hopefully soon!

    Castor: I'm glad I let you know about some non-hyped ones! And Burlesque should sure be interesting, haha :P

    Luke: I think it will definitely rise above the usual stuff in the genre! I would love to see Emma get a globe nod, hopefully the movie is well-enough received.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!