The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Big Announcement: The Catherine O'Hara Experience!

As you readers should probably have realized by now, I am literally in love with the wonderful Canadian actress Catherine O'Hara. I mean, the little blurb right underneath the blog's banner proudly declares that fact, so yes. 'Tis the truth.

So, after thinking about my lovely Catherine for some time, I realized that it was time to take on an exciting mission - to watch each and every feature-length film in Catherine's filmography. While I've seen much of it already, I am missing several items.

And, while I go on my epic quest, I shall take you readers along with me, as I'll do a little write up for each of her wonderful roles. Starting tonight, with "Best in Show", as I just watched that yesterday. :)

Truth be told, a large part of Catherine O'Hara's work as an actress is made up of television work, which I will not be including in this project. I shall save that for the future. Hehe!

So here's a list of the movies I'm going to be watching...

  • Double Negative (1980)
  • Nothing Personal (1980)
  • Rock and Rule (1983)
  • After Hours (1985)
  • Heartburn (1986)
  • Beetle Juice (1988)
  • Little Vegas (1990)
  • Dick Tracy (1990)
  • Betsy's Wedding (1990)
  • Home Alone (1990)
  • There Goes the Neighborhood (1992)
  • Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)
  • The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
  • The Paper (1994)
  • Wyatt Earp (1994)
  • A Simple Twist of Fate (1994)
  • Tall Tale (1995)
  • Waiting for Guffman (1996)
  • The Last of the High Kings (1996)
  • Pippi Longstocking (1997)
  • Home Fries (1998)
  • The Life Before This (1999)
  • Best in Show (2000)
  • Speaking of Sex (2001)
  • Orange County (2002)
  • A Mighty Wind (2003)
  • Surviving Christmas (2004)
  • A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)
  • Game 6 (2005)
  • Chicken Little (2005)
  • Over the Hedge (2006)
  • Monster House (2006)
  • Penelope (2006)
  • For Your Consideration (2006)
  • Away We Go (2009)
  • Where the Wild Things Are (2009)
  • Killers (2010)
Okay! So this will be quite a hefty project. And, to be honest with you all, there are some movies on this list that I have no idea how I'm going to find...those little obscure Canadian indies and stuff. BUT! I will find a way. Because I am going to complete this project! Muahaha.

So...chime in! I'm starting with Best in Show, what should I watch next? Is this as exciting as I think it is? Am I being really stalkerish? Opinions go down there! :)

5 comments:

  1. Away We Go!! She doesn't have a big role in it, but she's hilarious, and it's a good movie. But maybe I just have a thing for John Krasinski... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen a whole lot of these, but this should be interesting to see unfold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ride on, noble traveler. Though, for your sake, I'd skip Killers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be interesting.... I'm not familiar with her work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Neat idea. She's always fun to watch. I love the Guest films, with Mighty Wind being my favourite, so that's where I'd start.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!