The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Super Exciting Contest Results!

Ah, so life has caused me to be a bit delayed in posting these results, but nonetheless here they are! Though I was sure that this eye-dentification contest was much easier than the last one, there were still a couple of stumpers that I sort of expected.

First of all, nobody was able to identify these...


Which belong to Ryoko Hirosue from the tear-jerking "Departures". She does some nice things with her eyes in that movie!
Nobody identified this pair either...

Which belong to Jeneane Garofalo, in one of my favorite guilty-pleasure comedies "Mystery Men". It's been a while since I saw it, but as I remember Garofalo is wonderful and one of the best in the film.
And surprisingly, nobody was able to get this one...

Which is the eyes of Eugene Levy in "Waiting for Guffman". Since this is a comedic plot point, I'm disappointed that nobody was able to get it! Awww. Ya'll need to rewatch "Waiting for Guffman".

Here is a full list of the eyes, from left to right...

---Ellen Page (Juno), "Secret of Kells", Eugene Levy (Waiting for Guffman), Chloris Leachman (Last Picture Show), William H. Macy (Fargo)---

---Cate Blanchett (The Aviator), Jennifer Aniston (Office Space, a very underrated albeit tiny comic performance), Tippi Hedren (The Birds), Helen Mirren (Gosford Park), "Grave of the Fireflies"---

---Tilda Swinton (Julia), Kristen Stewart (Adventureland), Kevin Spacey (Usual Suspects), Don Cheadle (Hotel Rwanda)---

---Penelope Cruz (Vicky Cristina Barcelona), Ryoko Hirosue (Departures), "Wall-E", Janeane Garofalo (Mystery Men), Vera Farmiga (Up in the Air)---

And the winner is...

Joe Burns, from Oscarfan!!! Congratulations Joe! And thanks to Simon, who also entered. :)

So Joe, you're welcome to do a guest post, or if you have another prize in mind just let me know.

Thanks to everyone, and enjoy your day!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't identify like 5 or 6, but Ryoko Hirosue I did. Your third one was one of my 5/6 I didn't know. And I'm not sure about Garofalo LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Joe! Definitely a few tough ones there.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!