In case you guys didn't already know, I have a sort of love-hate relationship with Glee. Even though its first season had an absolutely ridiculous and utterly annoying storyline, at least it had a storyline. Now, it feels like it's becoming a forced mess! Olivia Newton John was great, but what was the point? Thus, in order to fulfill my need to both rave and complain about glee, here's my hierarchy of the Glee cast, complete with commentary...
1. Jane Lynch as Sue Sylvester (Duh. She's just amazing)
2. Jayma Mays as Emma Pillsbury (Her "you're a slut" monologue in the other night's episode was just brilliant, she gets better every week)
3. Jessalyn Gilsig as Terri Schuester (her character is horribly written but she actually was able to make me feel sorry for her. I wish she had more in this new season)
4. Heather Morris as Brittany (her lines aren't some of the funniest in the show for no reason!)
5. Amber Riley as Mercedes Jones (I like the sass, and she gives it heart)
6. Chris Colfer as Kurt Hummel (He was great in the coming out episodes and he's still entertaining, though his character gets less and less to do as time goes on)
7. Naya Rivera as Santana Lopez (Her sort of snarky attitude is quite enjoyable)
8. Dianna Agron as Quinn Fabray (She's inconsistent but that's the writer's fault. When she's good she's really good)
9. Mark Salling as Noah Puckerman (He's funny sometimes, but I don't really care about his character at all)
10. Lea Michele as Rachel Berry (Again, inconsistent. And, her character is so annoying. Am I supposed to like her, or what? But she definitely has some moments)
11. Jenna Ushkowitz as Tina Cohen-Chang (I loved her when she sang "I Kissed A Girl", and her angry tirade against Artie, but she's n-n-n-n-not amazing and her character barely gets anything to do)
12. Kevin McHale as Arty Abrams (I give him credit for dancing in a wheelchair but...whatever)
13. Matthew Morrison as Will Schuester (Mehhh. I dunno. His romantic scenes are cringe-worthy, his character is blah, and "Ice Ice Baby" the other night made me want to barf)
14. Cory Monteith as Finn Hudson (He has two modes, whiny and angry. Maybe it's just the character, and he seems like a nice enough guy, but...for the "main" teenage character, he's just not charismatic enough!)
So there you go. That's just my opinion! I want to hear yours in the comments. Any time I watch Glee I just feel like I need to rant. But I also need to make it clear that I feel that Jane Lynch and Jayma Mays are both absolutely brilliant. Emmy noms, PLEASE!
My five favourite songs from FROZEN (2013).
25 minutes ago