The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Monday, May 10, 2010

Thoughts.

As you guys know, I mentioned "The White Ribbon" yesterday in my Ensembles of 2009 post. For some reason, the film has been on my mind a lot lately. I know a heavy part of it is the gorgeous cinematography, which I've been obsessing over since I saw the film. It's also kind of a creepy film - I'm still not sure I know how to interpret it. Anyway, I can't get it out of my head. How did this not win the Oscar?! >.<

However, only about a month til a DVD release! Hooray!

1 comment:

  1. No idea how this didn't win the Oscar. I too have had a hard time getting it to stop haunting me... but that might just be Haneke in general.

    I'll definitely Netflix it again before deciding if I want to purchase. Such a beautifully shot film!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!