The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Now Playing: Shrek Forever After

There is really very little to be said about this movie. It was extremely enjoyable, though it wasn't quite as funny as the other three. Nonetheless! It gave me moments of extreme laughter, and it was a lot of fun to see. I almost want to say that it didn't quite feel like...the end of a series. There was something about the movie that just didn't seem...epic enough, I suppose. The real standout of this film was Walt Dohrn, who voiced Rumpelstiltskin - the best voice acting I've seen since Jennifer Cody in Princess and the Frog! I was shocked to see him also credited as "Head of Story"...that's really interesting. Anyway, he was just perfect in this role - whimsical, great comedic timing, over the top (which I love in voice acting), and just mind blowing. Anyway, I suppose I actually did say a lot about this movie...it's a ton of fun, not the best in the series by any means, but still nice and very cute. Incidentally, I was extremely disappointed by the smallness of Jane Lynch's role. ;)

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...leave a comment!