The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Now Playing: Iron Man 2

Disclaimer: I didn't see the original Iron Man, and thus probably wouldn't have seen this one had it not been for an invite from some friends. That being said, it was enjoyable enough...but it wasn't really amazing or anything. The beginning dragged unnecessarily, sooo many courtroom/news scenes. My favorite part was the opening credits: Gwyneth Paltrow! Don Cheadle! Scarlett Johansson! Sam Rockwell!!! I had no idea Sam Rockwell was going to be in this, he always surprises me. I really like all those people, so it was nice to see them onscreen. The special effects were obviously great, and Johansson's ninja-type scene near the end was just awesome. Anyway, there's not much more that I really can or want to say about it - it wasn't a waste of time but it wasn't quite exciting enough.

6/10

2 comments:

  1. Saw this the other day myself, and I'd agree with your take on it. If you're ever bored, Iron Man 1 is much better, though still not a brilliant film.

    My favourite part of Iron Man 2? The scene in the diner with Samuel L. Jackson. Maybe it's just me, but it seemed like a tribute to those iconic diner scenes in Pulp Fiction. If Nick Fury (was that the name of SLJ's character?) had started quoting some scripture a la Pulp Fiction, I would have given Iron Man 2 an extra star, hehe.

    PS Hope you don't mind my commenting . . . came across your blog the other day while hitting the "next blog" button, and enjoyed it, being a vegetarian, musician, and movie lover myself. Cheers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was very loud. That's the only tangible comment I have at this point. Et cetera.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!