The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Now Playing: Date Night

First of all, Steve Carell and Tina Fey are an amazing duo! Their chemistry is fantastic and they work off each other so, so well. But the movie is working against their comedic chops - it had its hysterical moments but the chase scenes and um, the rest of the plot got in the way. Celebrity cameos from Kristen Wiig, Mark Ruffalo, etcetera made me happy, and Taraji P. Henson proves once again that she has the gift for making unimportant characters so special. Overall enjoyable and optimistic, but not as funny as it could have been.

6/10

4 comments:

  1. I liked it too. Fuck technicalities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crap. Cheno is in this too, Cheno and Taraji and Michael Scott? I hope I'm not disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard Date Night was funny, but for some reason I'm skeptical.

    Anyway, check out my blog, bud!

    superfilmjunkies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Problems aside, I can't help but admit that I doubled over laughing for nearly the entire movie. And I was pleasantly surprised, too, over the chemistry between the two - I was worried there would be zilch, but it was quite cute. :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!