The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

10 Little Known Facts

Thanks to Simon at Four of Them for forcing me to do this. ;) You write 10 movie facts about yourself, then tag some others to do the same...enjoy!

1. The first movie I saw in the theater was "Hunchback of Notre Dame". I can barely remember anything about that day. Haha.

2. The first movie I owned was "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs". My grandmother got it on VHS for me. Or so I am told.

3. I am such a leaky faucet when it comes to crying during movies. Really, I'll start tearing up at the tiniest things...be it a sad moment, a really beautiful scene, or what have you. I cried at the end of "Night at the Museum 2", when *spoiler alert* Amy Adams flies away from Ben Stiller in the airplane!!! It's that bad!

4. Conversely, I also am the loudest laugher in the movie theater. I've gotten a bit better about that but my almost Amadeus-like laugh really resonates.

5. In case you haven't already figured it out, I'm an addict to animation. I drove an hour (and forced my friends to come along) just to see "Persepolis".

6. I am in love with Vera Farmiga right now. I've only seen one movie with her in it, and though I quite liked her performance, I can't explain my love for her. Perhaps it was how absolutely charismatic and gorgeous she was at the Oscars.
7. I pray every day that Catherine O'Hara starts getting the roles she deserves...and that Christopher Guest would make a couple more movies so that he could give one to her.

8. My favorite movie villain of all time: Mrs. Danvers.

9. I often feel as though the fantastic performance of a female actor affects me more than a fantastic performance from a male actor. Perhaps I haven't seen enough good male performances? (someone give me some help on this one)

10. I feel bad rewatching a movie when I know there are thousands that I haven't seen yet!

So there you have it. I'm supposed to tag some of you guys and make you do it as well, but...I'm not going to. I'm being nice! HOWEVER if you are so inspired, please do it and I'll link to it below.

Peace!

2 comments:

  1. Mrs. Danvers does kick ass, doesn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 3. Ahahah, that's out there. I guess I would cry too if Amy Adams flew away from me.

    9. I sort of agree with you with this one. I guess women are more in touch with their emotions lol. Nice top ten facts Robert!

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!