The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Monday, April 12, 2010

Chicago (2002)


From what I heard about this movie, I thought it was going to be terrible! But I was pleasantly proven wrong. I loved it. It's everything you could ever want in a musical - great singing, catchy numbers, brilliant choreography, flashy costumes, tight editing, beautiful cinematography...I could go on forever the praises of this film. Zellweger is best in show, I think. Zeta-Jones does great in her musical numbers but her regular acting scenes do leave a bit to be desired. Overall though, an amazing movie that doesn't deserve the bad rep it has!

9/10

3 comments:

  1. The whole thing is rather meh to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most important question - how on EARTH have you managed to go this long without seeing it?! I'm happy to hear you liked it. (sorry Simon.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Simon haha I know there are a lot of people who don't like it. I definitely understand that it's not for everybody's tastes.

    @Luke Haha! I know, I'm only like, 8 years behind. Though, you have to keep in consideration that when it first came out I was only ten, and I've just missed out in it since then :D

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!