The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Super Last Minute Globe Predictions!

Because I want to get in on the action! Muahahaha.

Motion Picture - Drama
127 Hours
Black Swan
The King's Speech
The Social Network
The Fighter

Oh no, no room for Inception? That's probably going to come back to haunt me.

Motion Picture - Comedy or Musical
Another Year
Burlesque
Easy A
The Kids Are All Right
Toy Story 3

I'm picking Burlesque because I feel like, no matter what, the Globes nominate musicals. ALWAYS. Is Date Night a threat at all here?

Director
Darren Aronofsky - Black Swan
David Fincher - The Social Network
Tom Hooper - The King's Speech
Christopher Nolan - Inception
Coen Bros. - True Grit

Actor - Drama
Jeff Bridges - True Grit
Jesse Eisenberg - The Social Network
Colin Firth - The King's Speech
James Franco - 127 Hours
Mark Wahlberg - The Fighter

Actress - Drama
Nicole Kidman - Rabbit Hole
Jennifer Lawrence - Winter's Bone
Natalie Portman - Black Swan
Hailee Steinfeld - True Grit
Naomi Watts - Fair Game

Strangely I struggled with that one. Watts seems Globesy and I want her momentum to continue. Steinfeld is a lead now! And I've only heard good things about her, so, it could happen. However, a surprise Noomi Rapace or Gwyneth Paltrow nod would be nice...

Actor - Comedy
Jim Carrey - I Love You Phillip Morris
Michael Cera - Scott Pilgrim VS The World
Johnny Depp - Alice in Wonderland
John C. Reilly - Cyrus
Ben Stiller - Greenberg

Uh, the Michael Cera thing will never happen, but a guy can dream, can't he? Plus it's not SO far fetched. :P I hope Ben Stiller makes it!

Actress - Comedy
Christina Aguilera - Burlesque
Annette Bening - The Kids Are All Right
Lesley Manville - Another Year
Julianne Moore - The Kids Are All Right
Emma Stone - Easy A

It was tough to leave off Rachel McAdams for Morning Glory but alas. Also, what about Anne Hathaway? Sigh. This is so tricky. If I got it completely right though, it'd be a very strange lineup. Yet, weirder things have happened before. I mean, Julia Roberts surprised us all last year, something like that could happen again! (I personally hope it does.)

Supporting Actor
Christian Bale - The Fighter
Jonah Hill - Cyrus
Mark Ruffalo - The Kids Are All Right
Geoffrey Rush - The King's Speech
Justin Timberlake - The Social Network

Timberlake and Hill are risky calls but the Globes sometimes like the superfamous people and the small comedic turns. We shall see...

Supporting Actress
Amy Adams - The Fighter
Helena Bonham-Carter - The King's Speech
Cher - Burlesque
Melissa Leo - The Fighter
Dianne Wiest - Rabbit Hole

Aw, no Jacki Weaver, but I can see her getting snubbed here but NOT by Oscar. Same with Barbara Hershey who I'm rooting for but probably won't make it. Tears! Anyway. Cher seems likely. The Globes like to have fun and just imagine the possibilities!



Well, there you have it...I wonder how well I'll do tomorrow! Haha. I can't believe it's already Golden Globes time. Sheesh! Where has the year gone!

6 comments:

  1. I'm pulling for Rachel to get that final spot! Why are people always overlooking her?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess we missed the memo that said The Tourist was a comedy (or a musical?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, what was up with that? And it's been getting horrible reviews!

    And I'm sad that Rachel McAdams didn't get recognized...or Morning Glory in general. At least that movie is a comedy! I mean...Alice in Wonderland? Pffffft

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news, Inception's in! And Mila Kunis! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, if they sing in it, the Globes will nod it. See how the awful "Mamma Mia" got in 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simon: I'm impartial about Inception, but I'm quite happy about Mila Kunis! It's interesting that they're embracing her very not-baity performance.

    Jose: I was thinking of that very situation! haha

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!