The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Monday, December 6, 2010

AFRICAN CATS.

So the other day I went to go see "Morning Glory" (which I really, really enjoyed) with one of my bestestest friends, and one of the trailers that played before the movie was this one, for Disney Nature's upcoming Earth Day epic...





So anyway, I was already in a giggly mood. But at the beginning of the trailer, when it showed a clip from "Oceans", I was like "Ooh, what is this going to be? Deserts? MOON? UNIVERSE?" and I was expecting it to be some super dramatic one word title.

And then the announcer guy said "African Cats" and I just started laughing hysterically. I could not contain myself throughout this entire trailer. I mean, you have to admit - it's pretty funny, right?

Anyway it looks pretty good nonetheless. But I mean, come on. "African Cats"? It's hard to take a title like that seriously. Hahaha

3 comments:

  1. Keep an eye out for the inevitable sequel: Animals That go RAWR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I'm already laughing imagining what the Spanish name will be like.
    You have no idea how terrible translated titles are, they usually make everything sound like a soap opera or the most generic thing ever.
    "The Town" for example, was roughly translated as "Dangerous Attraction" and "The Sound of Music" is called "The Rebellious Singing Nun".
    "African Cats" has got to be a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Univarn: Hahahahahaha! I'd go see that.

    Jose: !!! HAHAHAHAHA Seriously? "The Rebellious Singing Nun"? That is HYSTERICAL. You have to tell me what "African Cats" ends up being translated to. Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!