The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Can we all just take a moment...

...to recognize the awesomeness that is Emma Stone?


Needless to say, I just finished watching "Easy A" and though this may just be that post-movie high, but allow me to just say how truly wonderful Emma was in the movie. Every little sarcastic eyebrow raise, every little snarky rhetorical remark, and every single faux-slutty strut that she took was so, so perfect and she injected so much into her character. As she began to go in too deep, we could see the subtlety of Olive's lies and how she was trying to be strong above it all.

Gosh, without Emma Stone "Easy A" would be nowhere near as good as it was. Though, that's not necessarily true because the supporting cast was quite good (the Tucci-Clarkson-Stone chemistry was irresistible) but let's be honest - Emma was just wonderful.

I know I'm always the last to the party but I just had to throw some confetti Emma's way nonetheless. ;)

Right now the movie is feeling about an 8, and a large part of that score is Stone. Loooooove

9 comments:

  1. I was just talking about Easy A tonight and the irresistible Emma Stone. She is quite brilliant in the movie, but I am a real sucker for Patricia Clarkson. The scenes with Stone, Clarkson and Tucci were the real highlights of the movie for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! A star is born in Easy A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt: Me too! I thought those scenes were probably my favorite as well. :)

    Joe: She absolutely was! :)

    Castor: I can't wait to see what she ends up doing next.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wasn't a huge fan of "Easy A," but I will concede that Stone's performance is utterly charming. Without her in the lead, this film would have struggled mightily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen. Although the whole cast is unbelievable! When people like Clarkson, Tucci, Church and Kudrow all sign up to do a movie, you know something good must be going on...speaking of which it kinda reminded me of a Don Roos movie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All I'll say is, damn why can't Patty and Stanley be my parents?

    (Patty's southern drawl for all of ten seconds makes me want to see her in a Tennessee Williams film.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Danny: She was wonderful! Haha. And her performance has only grown in my regard since I watched the movie.

    Jose: So true, I remember being really impressed with the cast when I first saw the lineup a while back. And, they all worked so well together.

    Andrew: I know! And the southern accent thing was one of my favorite Patty moments. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think the movie itself gets enough credit. It just hit as my #7 on my year-end Top 10 list and I'll defend it for days. Emma is undoubtedly the star, but I think it's a fully-formed film that deserves a place next to Election, Mean Girls and the delectable Heathers as one of the best of its ilk.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!