The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Aw, Glee!

I just want to take a few moments to talk about how proud I am of Glee after last night's episode! I haven't blogged about this season at all yet, mainly because I've neither hated it enough to rant (like last season...hehe), nor have I loved it enough to rave. I've never loved Glee enough to rave, until today!


Yep, last night's episode was really, dare I say it, great! I've been kind of bored with Glee lately but after last night, I have hope for its future. It was just a really solid episode - the songs were flawlessly incorporated into the narrative, and all of the little subplots were balanced super well; both issues that former episodes have had. We even got a nice dose of Jane Lynch, and Chris Colfer, who's been a bit one-note as of late, really did some great things with his rather dynamic subplot.

So, props! The only bad thing was that I thought Gwyneth Paltrow was supposed to be on last night, so I kept waiting for her to show up and she never did. Then I found out that she's not on 'til next week. Alas! Just something more to look forward to.

So what did you all think of last night's episode? I'm really impressed. A golf clap for Glee. Hehe.

Can you believe that I'm not ranting...awww!

7 comments:

  1. I liked it, there were some bad parts, (The songs were good, but not as good as in some episodes), but I enjoyed it, and next episode looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You end half of your sentences with exclamation marks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe: True, the songs weren't the best but they weren't bad for sure! I'm definitely excited for the next episode.

    Anonymous: oh, I'm just an excitable person. I don't think I use them THAT much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I disagree...I mean, admirable that they address gay bullying, but it's not the same as actually dealing with it. And, I just kind of thought it was a pussy move, making the football player gay. Shuffling around the fact that some people are homophobic, not because they're closeted, but because they're dicks.

    Don't mean to be preachy, but, frankly, I subscribe to the 'three Glees' theory. This was the PSA sort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to agree with Simon. That was some pretty half-assed issue addressing.

    And what's with the show pigeonholing gay people like it's nobodies business. They should be ashamed of the cliches they buy into.

    I suppose they make up for it all by letting Kurt run hand in hand, in slow motion, with a well-groomed man, in a nicely decorated room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simon and Blake: You know, at the time of writing this post, I was a bit on the fence about that whole thing as well. Kurt meeting Blaine and that whole thing I loved, so I think I was wearing rose-colored glasses about the whole subplot.

    But now that you guys talk about it, you're absolutely right. That was such a cop-out and instead of hitting real issues they just completely dodged the whole thing.

    And Blake, one of the most hypocritical things about Glee is definitely how much stereotyping it does for a show that constantly preaches that everyone is unique.

    I still very much enjoyed the episode but you guys absolutely are right.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I didn't love the handling the of the issue, but guys it's an arc. This isn't the end of the bullying theme, and remember Karofsky isn't the only one who bullies Kurt at school. (Remember Azimo?)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!