The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Saturday, October 9, 2010

The Healing Power of Weeds

For those of you who have gone or are going through senior year of high school, you know how freaking stressful it can be. There's SATs, college apps, school, and for me, intense piano practicing for conservatory auditions which is probably the most stressful thing of all.

And sometimes, you just can't do it all. So this past week, I had a bit of a mental breakdown, and instead of doing one of the productive things above, I sat down and watched the entire first season of Weeds on Netflix, thanks to the recommendation of a friend.

I'd never seen Weeds before, but I LOVED it (I mean, I did sit and watch it all the way through, after all). Mary-Louise Parker is simply fantastic, and it's very fun and well written. I'm hoping to start Season 2 - obviously I'm a little behind. What is it now, season 6? Yikes.

Anyway, after I watched it, I felt super reinvigorated and ready to go out and practice and do college stuff. So yea!

So have any of ya'll seen Weeds? What do you think? It's addictive! Muahahaha.

5 comments:

  1. I am so in love with this show! I've just learnt that it got renewed for a seventh season!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never got past season 2 (it got lost in the shuffle somewhere), but I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never got past season 3 or 4 I think. Like many shows it's sort of dwindled, but MLP is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm working on season 2 now, and I'm still pretty addicted. Haha. Hopefully by the seventh season, I'll be all caught up! And I'm glad to hear some love for MLP Andrew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't kept up with the last couple seasons because I don't have the channel anymore and haven't had the time/patience to watch it on the net, but I went through the first few seasons in a matter of a week. It was rather addicting.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!