The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Casting "Metroid"?

So lately, I've been seeing this commercial on TV, for the upcoming Wii game, "Metroid: Other M"...


And I thought to myself, "Wow, even though most video game movies are crap, in the right hands, a Metroid movie could be really cool." Perhaps this thought has also come from the fact that quite a LONG time ago, I remember hearing some news that there would be a live-action Metroid movie.
Anyway, though no plans are in the works for a movie right now, it's fun to speculate. So if you've played any "Metroid" game (and you should, because they are all amazing), who would you cast in the lead role of Samus Aran? And if you're feeling extra creative, who would you ask to direct? Just leave your opinions in the comments below.

As for me, I automatically leap to Naomi Watts for some reason. She's got that perfect blend of icy coldness and secrecy that would be perfect for the role. Another that comes to mind is Zoe Saldana. She's already an action star, this'd be the perfect leading role for her!


Okay, so yes, I am a geek. But still! It's fun right? :P Sound off below!

2 comments:

  1. Haven't heard anything about this.....



    So I'll just do an off-topic comment! What are your thoughts on the 2002 Best Actress race?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off-topic comments are always welcome! :)

    Um, 2002...it's a pretty strong year. I haven't seen Unfaithful or Frida but based on the other three, I'm quite conflicted. I feel like I might be one of the few that agrees with Nicole Kidman's win, though I also really love Renee Zellweger and Julianne Moore is obviously stellar (though I would have given her an Oscar for the Hours instead).

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!