The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

What're You Reading?

It's common sense that the movie blog world is full of people with good taste in film. But what I've also found out is that it's also full of people with great taste in books as well, and it's interesting to see what everyone has read and enjoyed as of late!

Personally, I recently finished both the "Millenium" and "Hunger Games" trilogies, both whose movie adaptations have been getting some attention lately, and both of which I enjoyed immensely. As far as "The Hunger Games" goes, I'm really excited about the movie. I could be biased since I already knew about Jennifer Lawrence's casting before I started reading, but I think she'd be the perfect Katniss. I've now just started "Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All" which is so far very charming and humorous.

So how about you guys? What have you been reading lately? And any recommendations for me? The comments are open to all!

3 comments:

  1. At the moment I'm reading The Amber Spyglass - the third installment in the His Dark Materials trilogy - good read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie: A Girl of the Streets, and the Black Butler manga. Because.

    ReplyDelete
  3. just finished william gibsons idoru, fascinating as it was written in 1996 as a near future sci-fi novel and half of what the guy imagined is almost upon us. not to mention the fact that william gibson is solely responsible for inventing the term cyberspace. an enjoyable read. next up? probably shades of grey by jasper fforde or garden on the moon by pierre boulle.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!