The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Friday, April 8, 2011

"Melancholia" Trailer


All I can say to this trailer is...OHMYGOD. I mean, it's perfect. The ominous orchestral background music, the what-looks-to-be-amazing acting from Gainsbourg and Dunst (yay Dunst! finally getting something good) and the whole "there's a planet about to hit us" thing to top off the drama - it's perfect. Sure, Lars scarred my emotions for life with "Dancer in the Dark" but this looks like it could just be his best film yet.

Any thoughts? Lars lover or rabid dissenter? Is there Oscar in Kirsten Dunst's future? Comments below!

via here!

6 comments:

  1. i'm kinda undecided on it. i mean i'll watch it for sure, but it looks like it could be THE masterpiece of his career or it could be even more of a mess than antichrist.
    i hope it's the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really promising ! ! !

    I think I will watch it. I didn't watch last year's Antichrist because I was so squeamish just reading about it.

    But this could just be his best. Dancer in the Dark is so grim, I would never want to watch it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Never been a big fan of Lars Von Trier so I'm really not sure about this. Antichrist was a painful experience ahah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oof... I'm probably closer to that dissenter end of the spectrum. Breaking the Waves was mildly okay, but Antichrist was just a disaster. Dunst makes me a little optimistic though. I just watched Drop Dead Gorgeous the other day, and it made me want her to have that career she was promised since Interview with the Vampire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The actors look great.

    But it's probably going to be pretentious nonsense! I am not a fan at all. I fell for the Antichrist hype.... sooo terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I pray in the church of Lars.
    This will be astonishing. Even his "worst" movies ("Manderley" and "Medea" for instance)are just so complex and visually rich that you seriously can not go wrong with him.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!