The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Friday, March 26, 2010

The Secret of Kells (2009)

Mini review!!!

"Kells" was quite a mind blowing and refreshing little film. The animation was absolutely fantastic and the art was beautiful. There were times when it was so wonderful that my eyes were watering. I could go on and on about the impressive and beautiful sequences that made this movie absolutely wonderful. The music by Bruno Coulais was fantastic, as usual. And the story, while not particularly fantastic, was not as bad as people had been reporting! Anyway good for this movie for getting nominated at the Oscars, it really is a wonderful little gem. I really liked the movie, I suppose a 9 wouldn't be too high but I just don't think it was really substantial enough to merit it, unfortunately. I'm still working on my ratings! Haha. Anyway, if you get the chance to see this movie, DO IT!

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy...leave a comment!