The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A quick question about X-Men.

I have a question for all of my amazing readers. I'm desperately looking for a movie to see this weekend, and since I'm back at home in the middle of Florida my options are kind of limited. The cast of "X-Men: First Class" is very appealing and I think it looks like it could be a fun movie to see.

The problem is, I haven't seen any of the other X-Men films.

So my question for you guys, who have seen the films or have a bit more knowledge than I of the franchise - do you think it would be acceptable to see "First Class" without having seen the other three movies? Responses below!

7 comments:

  1. Go watch it!
    I hadn't seen any of them and hadn't read the comics, but I kinda liked it.
    I'm not that into superhero movies, but its very entertaining, i can't deny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second the motion. It's an origin story, so you don't need the previous films to get anything. And it's also slightly realigning relationships so in a way it's a reboot also. I've seen the first two, and this is far and away the best film of the series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for the help guys. You've convinced me to go see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, I think it's setting itself up for a new continuity. I mean, there's a couple in-jokes, but otherwise, it's fine.

    -Simon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go see The Tree of Life instead! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haven't seen it yet, but as a big-time X-Men comic book nerd for my years growing up, I can tell you that the movies are all entertaining, but they have very little to do with the actual storylines in the comics. So I'm assuming this one is no different really. Did you see it? Did you love it??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simon and Luke: Thanks for your advice too! I did see it and I really liked it - look for a review coming soon. :)

    Castor: GAH It's not playing near me yet! I can't wait to go see it though in a couple of weeks. :D

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!