The rants and raves of a teenage cinephile who is just a little bit obsessed with Catherine O'Hara and Hayao Miyazaki.

Monday, March 28, 2011

"Midnight in Paris" Trailer


Hm. Strangely, I was much more excited about this movie before watching this trailer (which is kind of the opposite of the point of a trailer, right?). It seems like Woody is rehashing the same old stuff he's been doing for the past few years and unfortunately the repetitiveness is starting to get tiresome. However, I'm still definitely willing to give it the benefit of the doubt, with the amazing cast that it boasts. The trailer does, at least, give us some insight to that aspect of the movie - Rachel McAdams looks like she's going to be a blast, Marion Cotillard is looking as stunning as ever, and hey there Mimi "my teeth are bleeding" Kennedy, good to see you!

Anyway, though I'm not as enthusiastic about the movie as I was about ten minutes ago, I'm still going to be seeing it for sure. How about you all? Thoughts or reactions on the trailer? Speak up below!

9 comments:

  1. I always enjoy Woody’s films and find myself chuckling more and more by them, and this actually looks very good as well. I always like his casts, and here it looks no different from any of his other films, and I’m glad to see Wilson back in a starring role that looks promising. Good Stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never know with Woody. The trailer for his last film was awesome and then the movie sucked. Maybe this will be the opposite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually like this trailer. Maybe the Paris setting reminds me of the Spanish setting of Vicki Cristina Barcelona?
    Maybe because of Kennedy, Mario, Sheen, and my beloved Adrien Brody?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought the same thing Robert after I saw the trailer the first time. But re-watching it a second time, I actually quite liked it for its quirkiness. Woody Allen is hit or miss really so the trailer doesn't really tell us anything new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd have to agree with you guys - I'm always pulling for Woody, but he keeps disappointing. Aside from Vicky Cristina, it doesn't seem like he'll ever redeem himself this side of the year 2000. If there were only some way he could convince Diane Keaton to star in a movie of his again, it would be sheer heaven! (Oh, and Owen Wilson drives me batshit. How does he have a career?? He's no one's "favorite," and his range is zilch.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dan O: His casts are always phenomenal, and this one looks particularly great! It should be interesting to see what happens.

    Jose: Hahaha! You know what, I was actually thinking that exact same thing (though I did kind of enjoy "Tall Dark Stranger"). Hopefully that is the case though.

    Amir: Ahhh, when you say all those names in a single sentence it makes me feel like I liked the trailer even more than I did! Haha

    Castor: I haven't watched it a second time but at your recommendation I will. You're right though, the trailer won't really give us any hints as to how good the movie will be.

    Luke: GAH wouldn't a reunion with Diane Keaton be wonderful? Seeing her in "Morning Glory" made me realize how much I miss her. Instead Woody had to burden us with Owen Wilson. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am really looking forward to this film. It looks like Paris has invigorated Woody again, similar to how London did in Match Point. Plus Woody Allen is due for a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the trailer looks promising, though maybe not as promising when thinking about Wood Allen... But you never know, that's all I can say.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the trailer is great. Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy...leave a comment!